I unfortunatly will not be blogging as much this November due to NANOWRIMO.
I'll probably post once a week,
and maybe a live blogging post here and there.
Hope to see you all on the YWP Nano site! Ciao!
Click to view daily statistics

Friday, May 20, 2011

Oh. . . I didn't expect that

I have Walking Pneumonia and so that's why I've been feeling like crap lately. :) At least my spleen is fine! :) LOL. But anyway. . .I have tests coming up so I have to go for a day and then I can rest until the next test. WHOOOOOO!!!!! Sorry. . . So yeah, I'm doing much better.
At my choir concert last Tuesday (if you didn't know this) I lost my voice and sounded like a guy. I couldn't hit the high notes so I lip synched all of the songs. Genius? I think so.
Alright, I am going to post an excerpt now of my newest novel! It's called 'Just a Dream'.

Remember, you plagiarize, you stupid.

CHAPTER 1

    Wings. . .black wings. They beat slowly, rhythmically in front of me. I backed away, trying to avoid being hit by them.
     "Who are you?" I asked, shielding my face from the stinging light.
    "None of your business."
    "Ah! What are you doing?!" I screamed as the figure approached me and ropes were tied around my frail, fragile hands.
    "You weren't supposed to see me. For that you'll pay." He breathed in my ear.


    Rain pelted down the side of the house as I opened my eyes to see no sunlight. Another dreary day in a dreary town with honestly, nothing to do. I hated living in a small town with a small college, with everyone knowing everything about each other. Do you know what it's like on the first day of school and you walk into the room and everyone says 'Hi Gwen? Of course you don't because you don't live in Green Wood.
I had been having those same dreams ever since I had settled down in Green Wood with my best friend, Bea. We were both enrolled at Green Wood College of Arts and that's how we had met. Bea was taking dance has a major and art has minor, and we had the exact same schedule.
    The reason I had settled down in Green Wood was because of my very elderly Grandma Elizabeth who enjoyed the company that I was forced to provide her with during her last month among the living.
    My other grandma, Grandmother Charlotte (or just Grandmother or short) had been my guardian since I was fourteen. My parents had both died in a car accident that year and I was forced to choose between Grandmother and Grandma Elizabeth. Naturally, I picked Grandma Elizabeth, but the state said that she was too ill to take proper care of me and so I was sent to Grandmother Charlotte.
    Grandmother forced me to live here and enroll in at the college, she lived nearby in a large mansion that over looked Big Moose river. I had to visit often or she would get suspicious keep calling me, threatening me that if I didn't call, I wouldn't get a penny of her inheritance. I didn't really care about the money, I just cared about having her not breath down my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Post it here. Got a question? Email me.