I unfortunatly will not be blogging as much this November due to NANOWRIMO.
I'll probably post once a week,
and maybe a live blogging post here and there.
Hope to see you all on the YWP Nano site! Ciao!
Click to view daily statistics

Friday, December 31, 2010

Plot Bunnies Newsletter, issue two.

12-31-2010
Hey guys it’s Anna again(that’s my pen name!!). I can’t believe Christmas was last week! Okay well onto the newsletter, by the way my B-day is coming up soon. Hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, whisper, whisper. . .

WRITING TIPS
~If you can’t write or think. . .then edit.
~Visit websites if you can’t write!!
~Use your time wisely by using ‘Write or Die’, if you plan carefully then you’ll get in way to many words to count! **You’ll have to put it on the meanest settings for best results**
~If you’re writing about something that you don’t know the research it or you’ll end up with a bad book, NOT good!!
~Love your writing, even if it really sucks you’re going have to love it one day or another.
~Don’t drink caffeine filled drinks, it gives you energy but then slows you down a bunch.

THIS WEEK’S OPINION
Did you like this issue? Oh and by the way, next week's opinion is this subject:
What is your New Year's resolution? Do you even have one, if so why is it your resolution?
Lissa: To stop Hermiting so much
Kpaws99: to finish my book
Next week’s opinion: What is your novel about? Why did you choose to write about that, and where did you get the idea?
Please answer the opinion and send it in, thank you.

RESEARCHING TIPS
~Never ever use wikipedia, it is very unreliable and it shouldn’t ever be used for research.
~ Check out more than two sources just to make sure the info is correct, if both places say different things then you might want to check out another site just to be safe.
~ When taking notes, the best way to take notes is Cornell style or on note cards. Cornell style is best for school notes because you can post questions on one side and the answer on the other, while note cards you can organize into categories.
~For all of you who are not familiar with the Cornell note taking style here is a link: http://www.bucks.edu/~specpop/Cornl-ex.htm

LINKS
http://www.creativecopychallenge.com/
The site is really cool and it’s a challenge to get each challenge done!
http://www.writersdigest.com/WritingPrompts/
Has great prompts and other stuff.
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/
TONS of generators.
Fiction Writer Located here
My blog!! Please visit.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApemOnKYX4TYPxyAIKzMWxcjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20090224135908AAUgAXY
Good question, great answer.


CONTEST!!
To celebrate the new year, I decided to host a contest! So, the contest is who has the best writing skills! It will be featured in the third issue, so you have exactly a week to work on it. You can submit an excerpt, a short story, a poem, or maybe even a song. Please have it no longer than one thousand, five hundred words. Good luck to all! I can’t wait to read them. We also need a judge, so I can only have one judge but they can’t submit their own work. The prize is being featured in the next issue and having your submission put on my blog. Cool right?

NOTES
Sorry that I don’t have a lot of stuff in here, but it’s only because the readers of this newsletter haven’t been sending stuff in such as links, prompts, OPINONS, and books that they like. Please send stuff in guys, come on!
My birthday is next week(on Thursday) and I can’t wait. Please send in an entry for the contest, it would be a great birthday present for me. : )
Also uh sorry for it coming out a dinner time, I was out shopping and trying to find a good place to practice my new hobby(you’ll find out what it is once you visit my blog)!
Thank you for subscribing, we have around fifteen subscribers, so spread the word so we can hit the twenty people mark!!

Please follow my blog, subscribe to my newsletter, visit me(McGeek) on the Nanowrimo young writer's site, and check out all of the pages on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Post it here. Got a question? Email me.