I unfortunatly will not be blogging as much this November due to NANOWRIMO.
I'll probably post once a week,
and maybe a live blogging post here and there.
Hope to see you all on the YWP Nano site! Ciao!
Click to view daily statistics

Sunday, February 6, 2011

My interview with iamjimmymuffins

Username: Annaswanson48

Stories: The dancers, twisted girls, blurred visions, and of course my own life story: http://annaswanson.blogspot.com/

How did you find Wattpad? I actually don't remember. . . I think I was on the nanowrimo young writers site and I came across a post on the forum about wattpad. I started exploring wattpad and joined! *Waves to everyone*

How long have you been writing? Since fifth grade, so it's been maybe three years. I started writing for an audience(as in I'm going to sell my novel) when my English teacher made us write a short story, well my short story was 7 pages long and it wasn't even finished when it was due. She really inspired me to write, Mrs. M is my favorite teacher of all time!

What first inspired you to start writing? Oh wow, hard question. I came up with this idea(I was ten okay!) Potter's school for extraordinary children. It can't be sold because it's a short story and it's based a bit on Harry Potter. It's his school. It was and still is only seven pages and unfinished. I don't think I'll rewrite it or continue writing it.

Which do you prefer, reading or writing? Writing, because I can create novels that I can read and that I want to read. Yes I could live without reading, but not without writing.

What is your favorite thing about writing? I love being able to create the characters! It's fun being able to take your friends, change their names, and then remold their personalities and traits to form a completely new person. My friends are awesome in real life and I make sure that they're great friends to my main character. :)

Out of the characters you've created, which one is your favorite? Whoa, there are so many. . . mmmmhmhhhhh. Wait WAIT!!! I'm pondering the question!!! I have to say Miri from my Nanowrimo 2010 novel, she died though, but she was a great character while she was alive. It was depressing to kill her, but me and Lauren(the main character) managed to live afterward. Well, uh Lauren had a mental break own but otherwise we're fine.

What is your favorite genre to write, and why? I love writing Realistic fiction, I'm not to fond of fanfiction or westerns.

What makes you want to read a book or story? The book cover, yes I said it! THE BOOK COVER. I do judge a book by it's cover, usually. If it has a horrible cover from the seventies, well don't expect me to read it. If it doesn't have a cover, I judge it from the summary on the back and the title. I am a very picky reader, and I appreciate the art of book covers.

What makes you want to stop reading, or never start reading, a book or story? I will stop reading, or never read a book that has to do with Twilight and/or werewolves. I've read Twilight and watched the movies, I hate them all. Sorry Twi-hards, I just don't think Stephie is a good writer.

Who are your favorite (non-Wattpad) authors? Well, for non-fiction I love Brigid Lowry. I think she only has one non-fiction book out, it's called Juicy writing it is the best book I've ever read on writing!! I also like Danica McKellar who wrote some math books, math is my worst subject, it always has been. Danica actually helped me raise my C to a B+. Yes I'm smart, but not in math. :) Oh and my favorite fiction writers are Kate Dicamallo and Kate Brian.

Do you feel that these authors inspire you? Yes indeed they do, they very much inspire me. Especially Brigid, her book on writing is marvelous(as she would say) and ultra-fab. Her book has inspired me to write many of my novels. Thanks Brigid!

Who were your favorite authors as a child? Dr. Suess of course!

Do you often share your stories with family and friends, or just the Wattpad community? Oh my gosh, I would be mortified if I gave my family and friends one of my novels to read. *Groans* I can't even think about it. They would tell me things that are coated with sugar, brown sugar, whipped cream, and powdered sugar, okay maybe not that much sugar but they would praise me so honestly I would die. I never let them read any pieces of my work. The only time I did that was when I took a paragraph out of my NCIS fanfiction and let my NCIS obsessed friend read it, I killed the main character Gibbs. . . she didn't like that.

Do you ever have writer's block, and if so, how do you overcome it? ARHG!! Cursed writer's block! Just in December of 2010 I was crazy and frantic to get all of my ideas down on paper and finished, that didn't go over well. I had the opposite of writer's block. . .let's call it writer's cramp from now one. Shall we? It was like writer's block, only when I wrote my 'novel' that was supposed to be 30,000 words was 1,000. Yea, not good at all.
I eventually over came it by writing down all of my ideas and choosing only one to work on at a time. I'm doing nanowriyear and that might help me with my writer's cramp.

How do you handle criticism or negative comments? I just stick my tongue out at them and take it. If they say that I'm 'a b**ch' or 'your writing is cr*p,' then I ignore them. If it is criticism then I take it, I deal with it, and I learn from it. If they are just pulverizing me with negative comments in the critique, then I know they are just doing that to get on my bad side and I ignore the rest of their comments.

Do you plan to publish a book someday? Heck yea! I've already found a publishing company that looks like a good publisher. I'm excited, I think that I might submit one of my edited novels in around July or possibly December. :)

What advice would you give to struggling Wattpad authors? Write, write, WRITE people write! It doesn't matter what you write, just write, it will help your skills as an author and I guess as a student/individual too. Ask for critiques, write in your free time, and explore the world around you. Inspiration and be found anywhere (including school and the sewer).

What is one thing you would like to change on Wattpad? Nothing, I love it just the way it is right now! It's an awesome site

Are there any Wattpad stories or authors you would like to recommend? I recommend 'The wingless faerie' it's a great story. I also love 'Hey Mr. Kidnapped, can you give me a ride home?' That's my current read. :)

Comment, vote, and read my stories.
Thanks for interviewing me,
Anna Swanson
P.S. That's my pen name. :) Do ya like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Post it here. Got a question? Email me.