I unfortunatly will not be blogging as much this November due to NANOWRIMO.
I'll probably post once a week,
and maybe a live blogging post here and there.
Hope to see you all on the YWP Nano site! Ciao!
Click to view daily statistics

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Poetry Project. Woo woo.

I' really not excited at all about this poetry project that I have to do for English. I hate my English teacher and speaking in front of the class so that makes it even more terrifying for me and it also makes me hate the project more. I also hate poetry because it's too weird (I just don't like it, okay?). But I chose 'I felt a funeral in my brain' by Emily Dickinson.


I felt a funeral in my brain,
And mourners, to and fro,
Kept treading, treading, till it seemed
That sense was breaking through.
And when they all were seated,
A service like a drum
Kept beating, beating, till I thought
My mind was going numb
And then I heard them lift a box,
And creak across my soul
With those same boots of lead, again.
Then space began to toll
As all the heavens were a bell,
And being, but an ear,
And I and Silence some strange Race
Wrecked, solitary, here. 

Do you like her poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Post it here. Got a question? Email me.