I unfortunatly will not be blogging as much this November due to NANOWRIMO.
I'll probably post once a week,
and maybe a live blogging post here and there.
Hope to see you all on the YWP Nano site! Ciao!
Click to view daily statistics

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Plot Bunnies 5!

Wow, it’s the fifth issue of Plot Bunnies!! Thanks for the twenty six subscribers we still have Plot Bunnies here!
 **To celebrate I have a spot open for anyone and everyone, all you have to do is write a nonfiction article on writing. If you don’t want to write a short (less than 800 words) article then you can create writing tips, researching tips, or how to write a better novel. The winner will have a permanent spot helping the newsletter, and will get to write short articles, and/or tips for writing in the newsletter. They will get credit on my blog and on the newsletter! Good luck, and the form is at the bottom of the newsletter.**

WRITING TIPS
~Surf face book or twitter if you can’t see from someone’s point of view, you’ll almost always find a person that has the same point of view has your character on their!
~Write for AT LEAST thirty minutes a day, so you won’t get writer’s block.
~ If you have writer’s block do this simple exercise : Write a page or two with your eyes shut.
~When your stuck, but have an idea; outline!

RESEARCHING TIPS
~ If you’re writing a mystery, or realistic novel that contains forensics, go to Barnes & Nobles, they have a book on forensics specifically for writers! How cool is that?
~ Sometimes it’s helpful to search government databases, yes it’s boring, but helpful.
~Bookmark your search engines and sites you use for research so you can find them later.
~Don’t ever give up if you can’t find something! Most likely if it’s not on the internet, it’s in a book, vice-versa.

THE EXCERPT
Story Name: Standing in the Dark
Username/Pen name: DCGirl4ever
Genre: Dystopian/sci-fi
Short Bio of yourself: Um, I'm DCGirl4ever. I like writing dystopian and post-apocalyptic books and tragedies. If I shock you, appall you, make you sad or angry, or make you wish you'd never read the ending of that story, then I did my job.
Excerpt:

Standing in the Dark

"So," the voice said, "college apps? I didn't think you were smart enough."

I gripped the pencil so hard it almost broke. "Get out of my room. Or bow and tell me your name. Take your pick."

He laughed harshly. "I don't bow to you."

I looked up at him; my heart nearly stopped when I realized I recognized those cold blue eyes.

That was him. Four years ago, he was watching me. He didn't bow. And he's not going to bow now.

I'd never forgotten that boy. He'd always been in the back of my mind, watching me, just like he was watching me now. His image had been forever burned into my memory—the boy who didn't bow.

People always bowed to me; at least, Capitol workers did. They had to every time a member of the royal family was in their presence. And even if you didn't work for me, it was common courtesy to bow to me the first time you met me. It's not like the kids at school had to bow every time I passed them in the hall. But this—this was ridiculous.

I stood up, growling. I towered at least six inches over the boy's head. He didn't look all that threatening to me—he wasn't half as scrawny-looking as Jerry, although he was short—but his expression told me a different story.

He wanted my head on a platter.

"Can I help you with something? Seriously?" I asked. "I'm a little busy here, in case you haven't noticed."

LINKS
http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/node/859257?page=0#comment-1208108
Welcome to no where RP, the best P ever. I didn’t start it.
http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/node/852692?page=0#comment-1208211
Alley #3 it can get confusing, I just joined!
www.wattpad.com
Best place to critique, get critiques, write, and talk with other writers! I’m annaswanson48 on there.
*****PLOT BUNNIES WILL NOW BE OUT ON SATURDAYS IT WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AT THE FORUM POST WHERE YOU SUBSCRIBED AND ON MY BLOG. IF YOU WISH TO STILL RECEIVE IT BY NANOMAIL THEN NANOMAIL ME. THANK YOU.*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Post it here. Got a question? Email me.